Top 10 Warning Signs of Spinal Imbalance
Years of training and experience, plus sophisticated analysis techniques, enable your doctor of chiropractic to detect spinal imbalance, but there are some simple things you can look for to find out if your spine is healthy...
1. YOUR HEELS WEAR OUT UNEVENLY.
Can be due to uneven leg length or stress along the spine.
2. YOU CAN'T TWIST OR TURN YOUR HEAD OR HIPS TO EITHER SIDE EASILY OR EQUALLY.
Reduced range of motion associated with body imbalance.
3. YOU ARE OFTEN FATIGUED.
An unbalanced spine drains your energy.
4. YOU HAVE POOR CONCENTRATION.
Spinal misalignments affect brain health.
5. YOU HAVE LOW RESISTANCE TO DISEASE.
Misalignments affect your neuro-endocrine system which plays an important role in your resistance to disease and your ability to fight infection.
6. ONE LEG APPEARS SHORTER THAN THE OTHER.
Keep your shoes on, and lie down. Have someone stand at your feet, look down at your feet, and gently push your heels toward your head. Compare where the heels meet the shoes. One foot may appear anywhere from 1/8” to 1” shorter than the other.
7. YOU HAVE POOR POSTURE.
Stand in front of a mirror. Close your eyes and turn your head from right to left and then return your head to center. Open your eyes and look at the way you are standing. Does one ear lobe appear higher than the other? Are your shoulders level or do you often notice your shirt or bra strap falling to one side more than the other? Are your hips level (examine how your belt appears to sit on your hips)? And finally, does one pant leg hang lower than the other?
8. YOU FEEL STIFFNESS IN YOUR BACK AND/OR NECK.
Stiffness may be a sign of body imbalance as muscles attach to the bones and hold tension when misaligned.
9. YOU HAVE TO “CRACK” YOUR NECK, BACK, OR OTHER JOINTS A LOT.
This can be caused by areas of your spine that are locked and jammed.
10. YOU HAVE HEADACHES, BACK ACHES, SORE OR TENDER SPOTS IN MUSCLES OR JOINTS.
These and many other symptoms are common signs of body imbalance.